Wisconsin Plating Works is a full-service company. We provide selective, commercial and specification metal finishing from small to large quantities, specializing in electroplating of zinc, zinc/cobalt, zinc/nickel, tin, copper, nickel and chrome.
We also have a complete range of secondary services, which include processing customer prototypes, sub-assembly, packaging, drop shipments, and process development for special customer applications.
A complete laboratory allows us to test a customer’s order in process to maintain the highest quality standards in the industry. Also available is a state-of-the-art Fischerscope (@) X-Ray Fluorescence instrument that provides quick, non-destructive, multi-element analysis and coating thickness measurements. Statistical results and thickness test reports, along with video images can be stored, sent, printed and accessed via the company network as required.
Offering over 91,000 square feet of manufacturing area, our two plants are ISO 9001 registered, one of only several in the metal finishing industry in the state of Wisconsin.
Complete Capabilities List
• Zinc/Nickel Alloy (Automatic Rack and Barrel; Manual Rack and Hoist)
• Zinc (Manual Rack, Barrel, and Hoist)
• Zinc/Cobalt Alloy (Manual Rack, Barrel, and Hoist)
• Zinc/Zinc Alloy Trivalent Passivates (Clear, Yellow, Black, Topcoat seal, RoHS compliant)
• Copper (Manual Rack and Barrel)
• Nickel – Bright Decorative (Automatic Rack; Manual Rack and Barrel)
• Chrome – Bright Decorative (Automatic Rack)
• Black Oxide (Manual Rack, Barrel, and Hoist)
• Tin – Bright and Matte (Manual Rack and Barrel)
• Zinc Phosphate (Manual Rack, Barrel, and Hoist)
• Deburring/Burnishing (Vibratory and Tumbling)
• Baking (To Relieve Hydrogen Embrittlement)
• Pickling, Cleaning, Oiling
• Citric Acid/Passivate on Stainless Steel (Manual Rack, Barrel, and Hoist)
• Chromate Conversion Coatings and Passivates – For Aluminum and Zinc
(Manual Rack, Barrel, and Hoist)
Laboratory Support: Salt Spray Testing, Hull Cell Analysis, Wet Analysis, Atomic Absorption
Mass Spectrophotometry, Non-Destructive X-Ray Fluorescence Thickness Testing.
Certification to plating specifications is available.